From the heart of the cru, the 2018 Riesling Sp?tlese Meddersheimer Rheingrafenberg contains 95% of the fruit that was picked on October 11, while the other 5% of berries that were shriveled by noble rot were used for the Beerenauslese No. 1. Clear, fresh and piquant on the palate, this is a round, lush, intense, vital and salty-piquant Sp?tlese with lingering salinity and stimulating mineral grip. The 2018 is still very young but full of extract, finesse and tension. Tasted from AP 7 19 in August 2019.

Stephan Reinhardt - Wine Advocate (92)